Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Celine Purse Art

I've lusted over the Celine luggage totes for quite awhile now, this particular one I painted is new for 2013 Summer collection. This painting surprisingly took a looonngg time, probably because it's so small and detailed. I love the color combination of this purse though and would love to OWN it instead of just having a painting of it!

I'm actually planning on doing a series of 10 most iconic handbags and this piece is part of that series. So far I have:

1. Hermes Birkin
2. Chanel 2.55
3. Celine Luggage
4. (Upcoming) Balenciaga City
5. (Upcoming) Louis Vuitton Speedy

Would you like to give some suggestions on what you'd like to see illustrated in the "Top 10 most iconic bags"? Leave it in the comments, I'd love to see what people consider! =)

I also sell original custom purse pieces on my etsy shop here for $30, and I'll be making prints soon of my 10 iconic purses.
You can see how tiny the painting is compared to an eraser. 
Pencil sketch first.
It was fun painting that little leather line that the luggages are known for.
Painted everything dark black before I "removed" areas to highlight the bag.
Tada...end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment